Monday, October 27, 2008

The Value of Keeping A Journal

Check out what I wrote in my journal on 10/28/03 :

"It's imperative to tune in to the current of life - our "aliveness," as Eckhart Tolle terms it, to know and remember the True Nature and the connection with each other, with all that is, with God/Goddess. It's not about being "happy," which is elusive and impermanent. It's about joy, bliss, ananda, svaroopa - the eternal, unchanging, immortal being that is always present. In the most difficult, painful moment, you are still alive, present, joyful, but only if you choose to be. It's always a choice. So decide NOW to choose life and to notice it again and again."

So I'm making yet another intention to write in my journal on a regular basis. Actually, I've been
reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron and I've been faithfully writing "Morning Pages." The benefits of this practice are numerous and I highly recommend doing it!

1 comment:

Gina House said...

I think this is a great, inspirational post! I agree with you completely and love The Artist's Way...my journaling is a wonderful complement to my yoga routine. I'm even thinking of starting a separate yoga journal!